Hello everyone,
I am here. It is hot, but i am getting used to it. I was in Kuwait for 3 days and the temp was pushing 130. So when we got off the plane in Iraq it felt cold. Well, I have been busy working. We work a lot, but there is always just enough down time to keep us sane. At least for now. The Iraqis are for the most part friendly, except the ones that want to kill us. But I haven't run into those guys yet. The base is nice and the job is fun and interesting. Hopefully I will be getting internet in my room soon so i can wtire a lot more. I should be getting a cell phone soon as well for work, but of course i have to buy it myself. Whatever! Anyways, take of of my beautiful wife and let me know what you guys are up to.
Love, Matt
8 comments:
SO excited to see that you finally figured out how to use the blog! Glad to hear that everything is going well...post pictures as soon as you can! Miss you!
Hey Matty-boy! So good to hear from you. Not to worry, we'll keep an eye on your trouble-maker wife. But you take care...
Not too much to tell. Started back at Oakcrest today. I'm going to get a new car by the end of the week...I'll post a photo when I get one....
Hi Matt!
it's excellent to "hear" from you via this blog! We think of you all the time, we try to take care of your beautiful trouble-maker but in the end delightful wife, and I know Abuela will be so happy to hear that you can call and write emails, etc! Daniel and I are leaving for Argentina tomorrow, I'm so excited!, and the day after, Maricel, Celina, Joe and baby Noah will follow suit!It's going to be a blast. Even Tata is there! If you think of anything you'd like from Buenos Aires for Christmas (books? not in spanish, I know!) let us know. On September 1st we'll celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary in Bs As(the wedding that inspired the rest in the Heeter family, I knoW!!) , the following day Ines turns XXX (don't want to say how old!!) and we'll celebrate with her, then we're planning a lot of things for the following days... Maricel gets back on the 6th, but the rest of us will stay until the 12th! Stay cool and know that we're thinking lots of you and keeping you just by Our Lord's side in the tabernacle... A big hug, Susana
Matt...
your beautiful wife cooked an amazing lunch for the Oakcrest teachers today. She is so awesome... I am thinking we call her Chef Cath from now on.
Matt- Your beautiful wife catered an amazing lunch at Oakcrest today. She had marinated meats, salads, baked breads, etc. She is a talented Chef. If you can believe it, she has been getting better and more creative in the kitchen. We need to start calling her Chef Catherine.
My General,
Be cool. We're thinking of you.
dan
Yo Matt! Glad things are going well there. Tim says hello. Our wedding plans are going well but your wife is being a pain in the butt because she is insisting on wearing bright pink for the bride's maid dresses...really annoying (haha.. Catherine in pink!!) I'll post some pictures of her a little later. Miss ya bud!
Matt!
So glad to hear that you're safe and busy! my biggest fear for you is not the iraqi's, but how you're going to manage w/out your redbull! Hey, maybe you do get it...I hope so. We're all taking care of your lovely wife for you. She was my "date" at Kathleen and Phil's wedding. Anyway, I'm keeping you in my prayers and am glad knowing you have the Lourdes water by your side! We're all so proud!
Post a Comment