Merry Christmas
The mood here is high and somber at the same time. it is hard to be away from family, but it also makes you appreciate them more. we have a lot to be thankful for here. Relative peace, a birth of a new country that will some day stand on its own, good friends, reminders of home, and of course the fact that we are still breathing. we will always remember those who are'nt and their families. The heroes who have fallen here truly understand the spirit of giving.
well, i miss you all. i hope you are all will family and friends this christmas. I am. It is not the same as being with my wife and my godson. it is not the same as my family and the heeters. there is no mark hanssen here, or pat woods, or, well you all know who you are. but we are family/friends here who are put in a hard situation, and, at least for a day we are family.
this place is 3000 miles away from you all, but i am right there with you. I love you all very much.
Keep my beautiful wife in mind this Christmas. She is the best Chrismas gift i have received.
matt
4 comments:
Merry Christmas!! As Matt has so elequantly said there are many things to be thankful for this Christmas but most especially family and dear friends. I dearest wish is for the next Christmas to be celebrated all together...Matt, me, family here and those on there way...friends old and new.
Many thanks to everyone for there love and support...and to my husband who shows us what true sacrafice and giving is...
Catherine
Hi Matt
You were among us during the celebrations, no doubt! And in the most important one of them: at Mass, when we receive Communion, we all meet in HIM... Yesterday, the 25th, we celebrated with the Becerra's, it was fun to see Clara Isabel finally with a belly! Celina and Joe look radiant with the new baby on their way, and Catherine is glowing just thinking of meeting you soon! Like Maricel, Daniel and I are sorry we won't see you, but soooooooooo happy you two will be together! I hope our gift contributes to make it fun! Speaking about gifts... Daniel loved the Bob Dylan video, he already watched once and I know it will become a habit! Thank you so much! that was really thougthful! Crissy called yesterday while at dinner, I think she was missing the Heeters crazyness, and we sure missed her!
Take care, and know you are always in our lives, much love Susana
Merry Christmas Matt! Thank you for the beautiful reminder of what to be thankful for.
Congrats Celina & Joe!
Post a Comment